JUNIORS TO DO LIST:
- Do you plan on taking the SAT, ACT or both?
- Which test dates will you register for?
- SAT : March/May/June
- ACT : April/June
- Do you plan on taking 2-3 SAT Subject Tests?
- Which SAT Subject Tests have you taken or will you take? Which test dates (May/June)?
- Which teachers will you approach in the spring to write a letter of recommendation?
- When will you meet with your guidance counselor to discuss college planning this winter/spring? Be sure to invite your parents!
- Have you completed and submitted your student questionnaire?
- Talk to your counselor about your senior year course selection. Challenge yourself, but don’t overload! Applying to college is like taking a seventh class.
- Check out the guidance website.
- Size: Small (1,000-3,000) Medium (3,000-8,000) Large (8,000-20,0000) XL (20,000 +)
- Geographic region(s): Where do you want to be?
- Academic Programs: What major(s) are you considering?
- Campus Life: What are you looking for outside of academics?
- Cost: What is your price range?
- Diversity: What kind of student body are you looking to live and learn with?
- Create a resume of your activities and achievements.
- Brainstorm potential essay topics. Write a draft of your essay(s) over the summer.
- Complete the common application online over the summer.
- Be productive over the summer: volunteer, get a job, take a class.