FRESHMAN TO DO LIST:
- Get to know your guidance counselor. We are here to answer any questions you might have about high school and to help you reach your goals. Stop by to say hello.
- Check the guidance website and your class page periodically.
- Time management is crucial in high school. You’ll have more homework and more activities to balance- get organized!
- Use your assignment notebook EVERY DAY. Stay on top of your homework and see your teachers for extra help. They are happy to schedule time to meet with you during your free mods and/or after school.
- Use your free mods wisely- go to the library to get a head start on your homework, sign up for a peer tutor (see your guidance counselor), or meet with your teachers for extra help.
- Get to know your teachers! They want you to be successful in high school.
- Set short and long term goals. Discuss your goals with your parents and/or your guidance counselor.
- Get your summer reading completed- work on your note taking skills while you read. Summer Reading List
- Attend the activities fair in September to learn about the clubs and activities offered at your local high school. Get involved! Play a sport, join a club, and do the things you love best! Be an active participant in the Belmont community.